The world knows Julia Roberts as a talented actress, and a few know her as a person
Discover ten surprising facts about the Hollywood icon known for her role in “Pretty Woman”. While she is one of the most well-known actresses in the world, there are still some things that most people don’t know about her.
1.Roberts was born and raised in an artistic family, as both her parents were actors and instilled in her a love for cinema. She clearly inherited their talent, practical experience, and charisma.
2. Her ancestry includes English, Scottish, German, Welsh, and Swedish roots.
3. Prior to deciding to pursue an acting career, Roberts dreamed of becoming a veterinarian and later developed a strong interest in journalism during her college years.
4. Roberts has been listed in various rankings and surveys, including People Magazine’s list of the 50 most beautiful and attractive celebrities. She is also widely considered one of the top 100 film stars.
5. Surprisingly, Roberts was actually the first person offered the role in “Batman & Robin”. However, she turned down the offer and Uma Thurman took the role instead.
6. Roberts has a hack for relaxing her facial muscles while applying makeup: she lies on her back.
7. Few people know that Roberts was once engaged to her “The Comedians” co-star, Kiefer Sutherland. However, they broke up just days before their wedding.
8. For her role in “Erin Brockovich”, Roberts became the highest-paid actress of all time, earning $20 million. Previously, Jim Carrey held this title.
9. Roberts’ brother is also an actor who has been nominated for an Academy Award
10. A prehistoric skeleton found in Bulgaria was named after Roberts because of its perfectly preserved teeth.